Please check out my latest article up on the Mexico Today website– http://mexicotoday.org/article/condesa-roma-trendy-neighborhoods-mexico-city! This month I’m recounting some of the highlights of our favorite colonias in DF– Condesa and Roma, located just east of Chapultepec Park.
Some of the hyperlinks to the businesses I mentioned didn’t come through on the Mexico Today page, so I’m including them here for your convenience. Take a look at the article for additional commentary on each!
- Villa Condesa: www.villacondesa.com.mx
- Maximo Bistrot: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maximo-Bistrot-Local/207916959284315 & Nick Gilman’s review here.
- Con Sabor a Tixtla: http://consaboratixtla.com/ & Lesley Tellez’s review here.
- Gastrofonda Quim Jardi: https://www.facebook.com/Gastrofonda & David Lida’s review here.
- La Primavera Vidrio Soplado: no website to speak of but they were highlighted in the NY Times!
- La Hamaca y El Rebozo: http://www.lahamacayelrebozo.com.mx
- DFC: http://www.totaldfc.com
- Sicario: http://www.sicario.tv/sicario-roma
More Mexico Today Updates!
In other news, here are some of the great articles my fellow MT folks wrote this past month for your leisure reading:
- Tips to Plan a Road Trip to Mexico: Susie shares some guidance on making the trek between San Diego & Tijuana and advice for driving across Mexico in general!
- Mazatlán Shrimp Crawl: Craig shares his advice for 3 days of gorging yourself on fresh shrimp on the beaches of Mazatlán.
- Culture & Courtesy: Being a Better Traveler in Mexico: Lisa lists the top ways to be a thoughtful traveler in Mexico vs. an obnoxious tourist!
- Behind the Mask in Mexico City: Laura shares my fascination with lucha libre
- Pueblos Mágicos- Pátzcuaro, Michoacan: Luis highlights the town that is at the center of the Dia de los Muertos frenzy every Oct/Nov.
- Photojournalist Chronicles the Hidden Treasures of Chiapas State: Julie writes about travel photographer Michelle Westholm’s trip to Chiapas. (side note: I’m looking at 5 of Michelle’s photos hanging on our wall as I write this!)