I am excited to have the opportunity to continue working with the Mexico Today program in 2012! (You may recall my post on this from last year.) We have even more great contributors involved this time around, and there are a whole host of ways for you to keep track of what’s new and exciting in Mexico these days.
- Follow the Mexico Today page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MexicoToday
- Check out the fancy website directly: www.mexicotoday.org
- They’re tweeting up a storm at: twitter.com/MexicoToday
- Watch a few videos at: www.youtube.com/user/mexicotoday/
- If you want to learn about Mexico in a different language, why not check out the Mexico Today sites in German, French, and Spanish!
In other news, my first post for Mexico Today this summer is up on the site here: http://mexicotoday.org/article/exploring-mexico-city-foodie-tour-coyoac%C3%A0n! If you’ll be in Mexico City anytime in the future, I outlined a great self-led food tour in Coyoacan that we did with almost all visitors that we had in town. You start at Tostadas Coyoacan with some amazing fresh seafood tostadas, get a dessert coffee (café de olla) at Cafe El Jarocho, dip a sugary churro in it, and then wash it all down with some mezcal! You’ll find all the details + directions in my post above. Even if your Spanish isn’t great, you should be fine as long as you’re able to translate the types of tostadas on the menu! (But even that is pretty easy, since you order with a sheet of paper, kind of like a sushi restaurant.)
Here are a few more of the great articles that my fellow contributors & the Mexico Today PR team have shared lately that may be of interest to y’all!
- Is this Mexico’s Best Mole Poblano?
- Discovering Loreto (a neat seaside town on the east coast of the Baja peninsula)
- Day of the Dead Holiday Inspires New Pixar Film
- Visiting the Mundo Maya in 2012
- Two new “Pueblos Magicos” in Mexico– Cuetzalan, Puebla and Bacalar, Quintana Roo
- Check out an interview with billionaire Carlos Slim
Thanks for staying with me & you’ll hear more updates soon!